Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hummers and bailouts

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Sooty, Aug 11, 2009.

1. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/08/2649973.htm

then I read this:

why am I annoyed?

Summary: 5 hummers were 'donated' to the Vic police force in April. Then Holden received a $200m line of credit/bailout from the Federal government, after receiving $149m grant to manufacture 'green' cars.

Edit: read elsewhere they're on loan for 6mths. which is okay I guess.
  2. Of course.

Don't want a Hummergate scandal ^_^
  3. They quite often get 'loaned' cars that are used more for PR than anything. They've had at least one Hummer for some time, they had a Chrysler 300C a while ago, they've had Lotus Elise's in Sydney, they had a couple of Monaro's when they were new etc. Publicity for the car company and 'good' PR for the police, nothing new.
  4. Second rate compared to what the Italian Police get... :LOL:

info here

5. OOhhhhhh... THAT kind of hummer :oops:
  6. Oh wow. No-one is getting away from the plod when they're in that mean machine.

Until it breaks down, which it will, because its Italian. :p
  7. I like this one...

8. we got that lambo with the Cool Wall fridge magnets that came with this month's top gear mag.

it's on the uncool section
    it was deemed wasted on police, who would never take it over 200
    and i quote "it's like buying wagyu steak for a vegan"
  9. Easy mistake to make.

One makes you look like a c0ck, the other involves....

Well.... Easy mistake to make!
  10. I was reading in last weeks paper that the UK police now have Lexus IS-F's..... a special group of trained officers to drive as pursuit vehicles.

Those hummers were a huge publicity stunt in Melbourne, to promote Safe Streets although the piss-weak H3 Holden markets here is smaller than a Landcruiser :LOL:

Most of the fancy monaro's, elises and 300C's were all S.M.A.R.T vehicles part of the anti-road toll campaigns over the holiday/new year period.

Holden has a Green car now........ they are dropping the commodore V6 from 3.6 to 3.0 and it will use 1L less per 100km.......... thats right one-litre less :LOL:
  11. Wooooooooooooooooops

From this

To this