Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hughie Hoare Endurance race 2008

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Paul Kleinberg #64, Jul 9, 2008.

1. As some may know, in September this year on the 20th and 21st, the third annual Hughie Hoare endurance race will be run at broadford. It is an excellent event with sprint races on the saturday and three 45 minute races on the sunday. The last two events have been a huge success in my opinion with the excellent organisation from Preston MCC, the individual people in running it and all of the sponsors and riders.

The first race in 2006 was my first ever race meeting on a motorbike and it was a huge thrill for me. Even though I only did the sprint races.

The second was even better as I managed to do the whole endurance race by myself and finish 3rd in the 125cc class as well as 8th out of 23 (i think) in the whole field.

And I will be doing it all again in 2 months time and I can't wait.

...who is doing it and for those who have done it, what was it like.

2. HH last year was awesome.

I finished 7th overall. I did it by myself and was amazing fun. It also renewed my admiration for pro racers who do this weekend in and out at a much higher intensity.

I'm doing it again this year and can't wait.
  3. Yeh I should be ready for my 'come-back' by then :)
  4. Hope so, Johnny O. You should have a few laps left in you.