Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Huffy brand speedometer / trip computer

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by korrupt1, May 8, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

Firstly... great forum...

Anyway to the point. I bought a Huffy brand speedometer from K-mart a few years ago and have lost the instructions. Just recently, I replaced the batteries and all the settings were cleared, I'm not sure how to tell it what bike I have.

On start up it gives me a 4 digit code: ABCD

Where the numbers I can put in is:
    A: 1-4
    B: 0-9
    C: 0-9
    D: 0-9

From memory, I'm suppose to enter my wheel size or something to tell it what bike configuration i have.

I'm guessing that since I have a 26" MTB so 26 is part of that code... I can't think of anything else that I need to put it??

If anyone has a Huffy brand speedo, can you sheed some light this please?

2. I have something similar that I use on my bike, it asks you to enter the wheel size.. ie the rolling circumference, in mm generally

Eg. for my zzr250 it was something like 1830

Measure the rolling circumference of 10 rotations of the wheel whilst you're on it (start with the air filler thingy in the middle and keep your weight on it as you roll it past that 10 times). Good to have someone with you chalking start and stop points, then measure, divide by 10 and insert that number.
  3. I have a copy of the manual and will try to make it available on the web in pdf format so long as I am not breaching any copyright laws. In the interim you can determine the correct code by converting the wheel diameter to from inches to millimeters and multiplying the value by 3.1416. This is the circumfrence of the wheel. Use the integer value of the result of the calculation as the code. In any case here are the values from the table:

20" 1596
    22" 1759
    24" 1916
    26" (650A) 2073
    26.5" (tubular) 2117
    26.6" (700x25C) 2124
    26.8" (700x28C) 2136
    27" (700x32C) 2155
    28" (7008) 2237