Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hub steering cruiser?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rexxy, Jul 30, 2016.

1. On my way home from work the other day, I noticed a very unusual bike. Looked like a big expensive Harley type cruiser but red and white and had what looked to me like a hub steering front end. I was a little taken aback and only saw it as it crossed in front of me going up Brunswick Street, Brisbane.
    I'd like to know what it was, as it is the first one I've ever seen in person. I can't find any pics on the interweb that come close.
    Any ideas?

2. Big BMWs have a Hosack style frontend. Unless its one of the extremely rare and expensive Italian sports bikes, Bimota Tesi or that V... whatever its called thats custom made, Tom Cruise has one.
  3. Just having a stab in the dark for you, was it this bad boy.
  4. Nope. The steering arms attached to the axle from behind the wheel. It may not actually have been a hub steerer, but a cowl over the links - imagine the above steering arrangement but reversed.
  5. That Honda Rune has a face only a mother could love, doesn't it??????
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Designed by Homer Simpson?
  7. Hunter was a Ducati and Vincent fan after the Angles experiance, I doubt he would approve.