Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How's this?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Micheal A, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Word of warning. don't trust a roadworthy cert from a certain store in Brisbane's Bowen Hills....
    A prominent Qld motorcycle chain of stores promotes themselves as being able to have the largest selection of bikes, because of the fact they have 13 stores...blah, blah. Fair enough - so I look on the internet and find a bike I'm interested in and get it delivered to another Qld location. It arrives with a roadworthy - dated just the day before - from the Brisbane store. On first inspection, I find a leaky fork seal. Roadworthy item #1. The store I'm dealing with inspects the bike and finds it needs new wheel bearings, new steering head bearings, AND..... a 'bar is bent!! Roadworthy items, 2,3 and 4. All this from a "roadworthy" bike! It's no real skin off my nose, because the guys I'm dealing with are fixing all the problems, so in fact I win, BUT..... BE CAREFUL when buying used older bikes in Brisbane. It pays to have them independantly looked at. It's not the first time I've seen "roadworthy" bikes come out of Brisbane stores. One actually had a buckled wheel and was given the all clear!!!