Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Hows Kew East?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by BoostJunky, Jun 2, 2007.

1. In my hunt for a place in Melb Ive come across an apartment in Kew East I am seriously considering. I have never even been in Melb so Im wondering if you guys could tell me what this area is like? I think this place is located near a golf course.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Kew East is a nice, relatively family area (close to many of the private schools) not all that far from public transport (tram and buses), the Eastern Freeway and the city. :grin:

3. Kew East is a very "upmarket" part of Melbourne near the yarra boulevarde and close to the eastern freeway
    You can't go wrong unless you want to live inner city.

4. Kew east is a really nice suburb. Close to the city without being "inner city busy".

I used to live nearby. Good area.

5. If youre not a big fan of traffic, it can be a bit of a prick of an area to live in. Nice area though.

6. good area.. i lived there for 1-2 years..

The Tram that runs through Kew doesn't go very far out to the suburbs.
    Which means hardly any bums / junkies.

7. ditto to all of the above. my partner and i considered buying there momentarily. ultimately we decided it was fractionally too conservative/old-school/WASP/stockbroking-belt, for our personal preference for the long term, but there's some surprisingly reasonable value there if you ever want to buy. it's safe, comfortable and very pretty. you can't really go wrong there - if it's in your budget and you like it, i'd go for it :)

8. Kew East is ok .....................

But i prefer Far Kew

sorry couldn't help myself :roll: :roll:

9. Spent my first 21 ears in Kew and folks still live there. Expensive but a reasonable place. Kew East is back toward Balwyn. Kew East had a few rough heads back in the 80s but okay now. Mostly familys, retirees or young professionals. Half your luck if you're near the Harp Hotel. A dump when I was young but a very cool pub now.

10. Harp Hotel. Many a night spent in there and yeah it is a lot better now than it used to be. WOnder if it has anyhting to do with hte Kew cop shop now being directly opposite it on Harp Road.

11. is good on wednesday until you get a lifetime ban and a court case :grin:

12. Wow that must have been some night.

In the 80s there weren't even ID checks (good for us Kew High School alcos!) Ahhh, the UV disco on a Friday night.....

13. I was going to ask if it was the Near Kew or the Far one........