Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by SLAMMIN, Nov 7, 2007.

1. g'day all...i'm from outer eastern burbs, Melb...i don't have a clue about anything whatsoever to do with motorbikes, scooters...i hope to learn something...i'm considering purchasing a small scooter to commute to and from work because petrol is too expensive to drive a car nowadays...cars are for rich people...and i need to research scooters :cool:

2. Hi Slamin,
    I thought biking would be cheap on petrol too, well it was, sort of... until I went riding just for fun at every opportunity and quickly upgraded to 600cc. Oh Well... Its worth it!
  3. Hehe, me too. "Bikes are cheap to run." Yeah, right. You know how much it costs to keep an 1100 on the road? Too bloody much!

No going back now, though. I'm in too deep! :grin:
  4. Welcome to NetRiders.

Once you are on a bike - there is no going back!! :)
  5. Go Baby! I didnt want the skoot to save $$$ i just wanted an easier step towards a bike.. old dog new tricks.. and its working. true about the savings $$ It cost me $50 a week to go to work in the car... now it costs me $5... troo! I spend the spare dosh on petrol playing on the skoot and learning as much as I can for the big day when I get a bike :grin:
  6. thanks for the welcome guys :grin:
  7. Welcome aboard Slammin.. :grin: