Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Banana Fred, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Howdy all, just thought I'd say g'day and poke around a bit and see if I can't pick up some knowledge about biking on the road.

2. welcome,
    this is a good place to get that kinda knowledge.
    ....never a shortage of opinions!
  3. Thanks.
    I'd like to find a review of the GPX 250 which is a bike I have had offered to me. Always good to know what's what.
    Incidentally, when I try and upload an avatar which meets the profile requirements, it doesn't get saved in my profile. Am I missing something?
  4. Welcome to the forum - the GPX was sold as the 250 Ninja or EX250 in the US, do a search for that and you should find plenty of reviews on the 'net (quite a few GPX owners on Netrider to that'll probably give you their thoughts on the bike)..
  5. Another non-junior rider, woo-hoo!

Welcome Vic Slick :grin:

{:shock: another Vic....}
  6. Lol.

Vic Slick is a nickname that one of the guys in my car club calls me. :)
    The last time I rode on the road, I came off and that put me off riding for 15 years. I now have plenty of time behind the wheel after all these years but that old feeling I used to enjoy as a dirt biker is so hard to resist that I've gone and gotten my L's again.
  7. welcome aboard Vic, hope you enjoy your stay :)
  8. Welcome Vic.
    Re: opinion on GPX250. Sorry I can't help. I'm biased when it comes to GPX250.
  9. I can tell you what i know, i haven't ridden a gpx but i have the zzr - the two bikes have the same engine and mechanical setup. the gpx is about 2k cheaper, a little shorter in length and doesn't have the fancy (expensive) farings. They both get good reps- I sure there will be different opinions, but i have been told that the zzr is a slightly more learner friendly bike, supposedly the extra length give it that little bit more stability. lots of different views out there but, so far, i like kawasaki bikes, and by the way, wlecome to the forums.
  10. Thanks for the welcome guys.
    Yes, a quick search under 250 Ninja and EX250 has given me some more info and it seems to be a good learner friendly bike. It will be good to get back out on two wheels.
  11. Howdy Vic slick. Enjoy your stay.
  12. Hiya Vic, welcome to the forums :)