Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by nra303, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Hiya,

Been lurking here on and off since deciding my bucket was looking pretty empty and needed filling. I'm getting old and the bucket is looking a bit rusty.

I'm not currently a rider, got a L permit a while back. Had just about enough $$ for the bike I wanted. All set, then sad things happened and the money got used up for other things.

So still dreaming and scheming. Plan now is to just get the L part done so the count down is underway and see what I can turn up bike wise. I find most times my dreams can take a few years to get sorted but we get there in the end.

Preferred bike is something like the CB500XA. Then along comes the new Afriica Twin and I'm thinking, ok can we go real cheap on a LAMS bike for 12 months instead of the CB500 and then aim for the Africa Twin?? Might be a plan.

Bunch of other bikes appeal but first things first.
    Cheers

2. Welcome to NR nra303nra303
    hey like they say any bike is better than no bike (scooters excluded :p)

do you do much hunting by any chance?

3. Cheers and all noted on the scooters.

The 303 moniker has a about 3 or 4 meanings to me. With NRA in the front it actually doesn't have anything to do with shooting but .303 was the first gun I ever fired at about 5 year old. As you would expect it knocked me clean off my feet backwards from a resting position.

Not hunting at the moment. Another thing on the bucket list. I run a H class semi 9mm at the moment for club comp. Got another club chasing me to join to compete in F class .308 but I would prefer to go hunting. Got the 4wd ute for that type of thing but as I said life been getting in the way. Might sign up for the wild dog program over here. See how we go.

Anyway thanks for the welcome.

4. Welcome to NR...

Hope you get a bike soon...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome! Hope you get your bike of choice soon!

6. welcome aboard :)

7. Welcome and recommend going for a cheapie bike to start with, you will always want to upgrade so just start with something and get a feel for it then plan the upgrade...

8. Well Hello :D