Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Fitzie87, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Hi guys and girls,

I'm Aaron and this is my first bike forum.
    I've been into cars most of my young life however that has changed since moving to the dark side. I'm about to take delivery of a 2014 Ninja 300 SE ABS, and yes before the critics come out and start saying why a new bike for your first, simple, I'd rather learn on the bike I WANT instead of getting some old cheap bike then upgrading.
    Well I reside in the Northern Territory current and look forward to learning more about bikes, so hopefully I have chosen the right forum.

Cheers guys

2. welcome aboard mate enjoy your ride :]
  3. Welcome Fitzie, enjoy your new toy.
  4. Welcome, at least you might be able to test it's top speed up there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome Aaron, The new bike, second hand bike camps can be a bit hidebound. Ride what does it for you. :)
    Where about in NT are you?
  6. I'm currently in Darwin enjoying the dry season. Perfect weather to take a bike for a ride.
  7. Ok, I have always wanted to ask a local is that road through Lichfield Park sealed? Looks nice and squiggly on maps and a good loop from the Stuart Hwy
  8. Welcome to NR !
  9. Welcome to NR. I may be in the NT this week again
  10. No its not, it is a fun road to drive down and I'm yet to do it on a bike, once I get more experience i'll let you know what its like to ride along it.
    As for the lay of the road its pretty good quality, no potholes or washouts. The only downfall for the road is that there is not much room for error if you want to be crazy. Theres approx 100mm of excess road after the white line, either lane, single lane, and it mainly flats most of the way, so if something was to happen you don't have much of reassurance heading into the bush land. Just my observations and I'v been down it yesterday and previously before that. Like i said this is just from a car point, I'm still yet to do it on a bike.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Welcome to NR..