Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ojay, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Long time between drinks... gots me quite a thirst.

2. Just a little bit more information. It's been a while since I joined up and also a while since I owned a bike. I had a nasty accident in '98 and wrote off my immaculate GPz750 turbo and just about wrote off my leg in the bargain. Back again (now in Berlin) with a very tidy '86 GPz900 and happy to be back.

I'm planning on a tour around western Euro when the weather improves so any if anyone has ideas or/and experiences in that area would be great to hear from you!

Also any information regarding shipping a bike to Aus from Euro will be gratefully (greedily) received. I've had a quote of well over $4000 from one company so I'm going to try to quarter that. If you think it's possible (or not) I love to hear how/why!

Nice to be back :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What took you over to Berlin? I'd love to visit there one day (maybe after I win 100 mill tonight (y))

Welcome back :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome back (or should that be Wilkommen). Glad to hear you're riding again.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks to you both.

As for Berlin, it's a long story. The short version is that I visited in '07 and it was like going back to Melbourne in the '80s – another shot at a bit of time travel was just too tempring to pass up ;)