Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

howdy! noob coming through!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by EmGee, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hey all ! long time reader first time poster(subscriber)

Ive been checking out these forums on and off for the last 2 years, I dont know why I didnt make an account sooner! I guess im abit too shy 8-[

first of all im from the S.E Melb ... im in my late 20's, Ive had a few bikes in my time(ZX2R(1992,GSXR600(2002),NSR125) however time didnt last too long with each of the bikes. I am no way an expert on bikes.. im definitely far from it! I am indeed keen on getting to know the ins and outs of all things motorcycles :) I am currently riding an 2005 R1 which I recently purchased.

i guess im just wanting to say g'day and look forward to getting to know the forum members better (y)

2. G'day MG - welcome to the party.

3. more like welcome to the nut house :p

4. Welcome to Nutrider! :D

5. hey MG welcome to NR rock up sat morn behing the BP servo on beach rd, start 10 am learner stuff and alot of people turn up, good place to meet up and say hi.

6. what a warm welcome! thanks everyone :)

i may actually take u up on that invite there goddie, it would be good to grab some beginner lessons thats for sure

hope the weather holds up?!

7. do you know where the BP garage is on beach rd Elwood? nest to st Kilda marina? thats where it happens every sat morn from 10 am sharp till about 1pm, on nice days some people take a ride for a couple of hours, on netrider you may be aware that there are organised learner rides as well? have a look around the forums, ride calender etc
    sat morns are run by a couple of 'mature' gentlemen, Dave [greybm] and Doug[Hawklord} between these two theres a few decades of knowldege that they impart to newbees every saturday morn, these guys are worth their weight in gold!! as well as other experienced and new riders that get down, a nice bunch of people, just rock up and say hi to anyone and everyone :)

8. Welcome to NR

+1 and given how the gold price has increased lately, their value is through the roof.. :)

9. welcome...i also browsed around and delayed joining, but here we are.

10. I actually know where that is.. my god beach rd is a lovely strech of road to ride down on a nice day thats for sure! I use to love riding that stretch of tarmac when I first got my L's..

i definitely will take on the learner sessions.. it has been quite sometime that ive hopped on a bike last.. a good 4 years its been

11. welcome to a great forum!

12. Hi and welcome to NR

13. 10 am it starts, lots of people turn up so show with a smile and intorduce yourself.