Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy Netriders

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Mick M, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Just got my licence last Sat with HART. Felt good to slide in just under the old restriction rules.
    How good are those guys? Good enough to teach an old dummy like me, that's how...

Been learning since June and rode almost 2500km, luckily staying shiny side up the whole time. In 12 months, I'll look for a proper bike. In the meantime, my baby CB will keep getting a workout.

Did I mention I'm 6'6"...?

2. G'day, welocome. 6'6" ay, well if you can't find your bike you know where to look :)

3. Welcome MIck, well done at getting in under the old rules !!!

Cheers Jeremy

4. Welcome to NR...

5. Welcome to two wheels and to Netrider!
    Every time people talk about new licences and restrictions I think about when I got my licence in rural NSW in 1974. Two feet-up U turns in front of the cop shop got me the paper on the very first day I rode and the next day I rode one hundred miles to work and back on the New England Highway!

6. Welcome Mick,
    Congrats on getting your license. Whereabouts are you located?

7. welcome aboard and well done on beating the new regs (y)

8. There are new restrictions? I'm going for my MOST/P's test very soon... probably this month or next if possible. Has that changed?

9. Hmm from what I found on Google, this is a VIC roads law. I'm in NSW and thankfully don't have to go through that crap haha

10. Ahh... The good old days. 1974. ABBA, Gary Glitter, Bucks Fizz, shall I go on?
    Seriously though, it was still far too easy to pass the old test in Vic. I consider myself nothing more than an average rider, yet managed to ace it. But at least the HART training format is sound, and gave me solid techniques to practice.

11. Thanks. I'm in Mooroolbark, Victoria

"The Gateway to the Yarra Valley" Come, Visit, Stay, Buy overpriced real-estate... Enjoy the pre-Xmas road blitz...

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. #12 cjvfr, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    Please Don't ... A decade of music that needs the shroud pulled over it. ;)

Welcome Mick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome to NR.