Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy from Sydney South

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by adrian.sheather, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Hey Guys,

New to the forum, have been riding for a few years. I commute daily to the CBD from Bexley on my 1986 Yamaha SR400. I've done a bit of work to it, but nothing special: FCR39, high flow slash cut pipe (bloody loud), tomaselli clip ons, removed air box and custom plates.

I'm building a 1979 kawasaki Z200 called the Frankenstein, only the engine is stock, it has Ninja forks, re-laced and black powder coated KZ400 rims with 450 firestones, lenghtened swing arm (70mm), 1970 something Husky tank off a WR250 (I think), custom stainless exhaust, KX250 triple tree, drag bar, inverted levers, integrated custom electrics, custom seat, and all LED's. Once that's done then the SR is going to be a flat tracker something, I'm a bit over clip ons.

I'm also part of the crew trying to open Sydney's first community motorcycle workshop, Rising Sun Workshop. Would be keep to get peoples thoughts and ideas for the space.

Anyway, see you on the road.

Ride safe.

2. Welcome Adrian - sounds like a nice project. I do love the late 70's early 80's 'Z' range.

Community workshop sounds a great idea, perhaps tie it in with the Homebush L & P sessions on the weekend. Learn to ride and service your own bike properly!
    Cheers, Lionz