Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy from Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by zol, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Heya, just purchased a Vstrom and I'm ready to ride again, if only the weather was a little better.

2. The weathers fine!! ;)
    Welcome to NR.

3. Welcome mate :) which part of melbourne you from? And today's weather is looking good so far!

4. Cheers. I know! was eyeing today as it's suppose to be 18, I haven't ridden to work in a while so am a little hesitant in tackling the traffic plus having the new bike haha.

Thanks mate. Yes, I was cursing all the way to work in my cage.. I live in Greensborough, work in Fitzroy.

*also waiting for my new jeans to arrive, old Hornee's are 3 sizes too big!

5. Lo Bloke

6. Ahh I know how you feel, I live in Carrum Downs and work in abbotsford, the drive in was incredibly mind numbing!

7. Welcome to NR! (y)

...and what's weather got to do with riding??? :D

Having said that, if you haven't ridden in a while, it's better to get some practise before tackling a new bike, new gear & the weather in one go.

Come on down to the St Kilda Practise session if/when you can. It's open for newbies, experienced and returning riders!

8. Hi zol, welcome to NR.

+1 re: the Saturday practice sessions at St. Kilda.

9. hehe then to top it off driving out was more of a bummer as there was a nice sunset! Bugger it, I'm riding tomorrow.

I guess it's the comfort thing, breaking away from the cage, I have warm weather gear now thanks to Aldi, hah, and also wet weather, I just need a top box to put in my stuff, still deciding if I should get the Givi Trekker 46 but I was told that handling of the bike could suffer, I wouldn't be going over 10kg (incl box) anyway.

As for St Kilda, this yeah [VIC] 10am Saturday Learner/New Rider Basic skills practice sessions? Sounds good, I have been riding for a while but it was only an XR 250 with Michel Siracs so I never got comfortable with cornering, also I was unable to go long distances much due to it being uncomfortable, believe it or not, I've ridden to Port Sea and back and it's hard! I sold the bike last year. Never ridden much during winter.

Cheers! Sounds great! Might even pop past earlier for a coffee at DJ's!

10. Hello from another newbie! I grew up in Greensborough, but now live out west.

11. What she said :D

Welcome......ride it......

12. Certainly did today, as soon as I rode out the building, it rained, hailed and thundered! was a challenge and fun, I just need weather proof boots!

13. Welcome :) and im with you nice weather nice ride.