Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy from Gold Coast beach side...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by shonofear, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hey,
    great forum/site got going, stacks of info that i really appreciate as i embark on getting myself my first bike as i just recently obtained my provisionals few weeks back at Mt Cotton Q-Ride 2 day course.
    Got my eye on a few bikes, with the help of people on this forum:

Honda Hornet 250
    Honda VTR 250
    Suzuki GSF250V Bandit
    Yamaha FZX250 Zeal

love the naked road bike look, and the fatt rear tire of the hornet does seem more desirable and hope it to keep my interest my at least 1 year whilst on RE.
    budget $2000-$3500 max then need safety gear...

I'm 27 at 5'9 tall

nice 2 meet yas all,

2. Welcome to Netrider, Shono. Great to see another Gold Coaster. :D
  3. good list of bikes :) the hornet and vtr honda's are excellent bikes to learn on, and should slot into the budget also.

welcome to the forum :) hope to see you round.
  4. cheers fellas
    yea Sheepy living the dream on the Goldy.
    im at Currumbin Waters at the moment, recently moved from Nobbys.
  5. Nice! If ya feel like going for a cruise when you get mobile, I'm always keen. Check out the QLD ride section too, group rides comes up occasionally. : )
  6. Welcome to NR.
  7. will do,
  8. Welcome!! I had a ride on a mates 250 bandit about 2yrs ago.. was very impressed by the pick up of this little beasty! good luck mate hope you find what yr after.
  9. Welcome

I was looking at getting at 250 hornet, one of the better 250s i've ridden but ended up getting the spada (purely due to budget). The hornet will be at the top end 3.5k-4k

Goodluck with your search :)