Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy From Brissie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by STV333, Jan 8, 2015.

1. G'Day Folks.

I used to ride a few years ago, but due to extended travel (and not having a bike) have been out of th esaddle for quite a few years..

My other half is doing her Q-Ride at the moment and we are looking for a LAMS bike to share.. I've done a bit of research and the Kwaka VN250 Eliminator seems to be at the top of my list... As they pulled the pin on them a few years ago, does anyone have any reliability issues with theirs?

Also looking to join in on a few rides/gatherings when they're in the area!

Cheers - and i'll see you on the road..

2. Gday and welcome

I can't comment on the little Eliminator specifically, but there isn't much between the little japanese cruisers. For a second hand learner, the condition and service history of the bike you're looking at is a better indicator of reliability that whether it says Kwaka or Yammy on the tank.

Sure you want to share a bike? Plenty of cheap LAMS bikes about and It's more fun if you can ride together...
  3. Howdy and welcome to the forum

Sure you want a 250?? Me and the other half are also 'sharing' the KTM Duke 390. Plan is for me to upgrade once off the dreaded P's in a few months and the Duke is small but big enough to be able to keep up and tour with most others.

I found that other riders on 250's work much harder to keep up in group rides.

Anyway, my 2c worth. Ignore if you're happy.
  4. Howdy, Welcome to the forum!