Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy, from Ballarat

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Kow8ell, May 30, 2013.

1. Hi all,

My name is Jason and I currently live in Ballarat. I grew up in a small country town in central Victoria and rode around on trail bikes when visiting my grandparents farm.

I got my licence years ago and my first bike was a Yamaha RD250LC. (gotta love the 2 stroke beasts!!)

Anyway, I sold that to a mate a little while later and eventually let my licence expire. Wish I had kept the RD as they are worth a pretty penny now! Isn't hindsight a b**ch at times?

Now, fast forward 15 odd years and I am on my learners again! (Not for long though!!) ;) My current ride is a Suzuki VL250 Intruder.

See ya'all on the roads!
  2. Welcome Kow8ell, Yes the old RD's were the fun beast.
  3. Thanks cjvfr.

Yeah, I do miss the powerband on those 2 strokes. Just thinking about it brings back some fond memories. Geez, the things you do when you are young!
  4. Are you hot?

And I hate Ballarat. Never been there, but I hate it.
  5. Don't listen to Siwagod he is a Sydney person ;) Ballarat is a gracious city, cold but gracious.
  6. Welcome to the nuthouse !!!

My partner and I ride up your way a lot , might see you out n about one day :)
  7. Thank everyone..

cjvfr, you're definitely right about the cold. I've lived here for the past 7 years and still haven't gotten used to it! The last 2 days have been cold and wet, with a max of about 12 degrees, and it's not even officially winter yet!!

Kitt, I'm sure I will. I've seen quite a few people riding through/around the Ballarat area, although, I'm not sure if any of them are members here. I went for a ride on wednesday afternoon, through the forest at Clunes and a group of about 7 or 8 bikes rode past me. It was an awesome sight.
  8. "I've balled a lot of things in my time but I aint ever balled no rat". Comment from an American entrant in the Repco round Australia trial in 1979 after driving through Ballarat.
    Oh and welcome by the way.
  9. Hi all, can someone advise on how to attach photo's from my computer to my posts? I've read the FAQ on how to attach a photo, but I cannot for the life of me find the "Upload a File" button

Appreciate it.....