Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy from Auckland

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by NorthShoreHornet, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Hi All,
    I've just been reminded I signed up for this forum 2 years ago and haven't done anything so am posting here to introduce myself and avoid being disconnected! If I've already done this, sorry but I couldn't find anything I posted at the time.

From this you can probably already tell I'm a born again biker, returning to the fold after many years of fourwheeldom. When I got my first bike for a while (CB900, hence the moniker) I joined a few forums including this one to see what was going on. This one seems very lively and I have enjoyed browsing the posts.

I'm still trying to decide what will be the bike for me so have traded the Hornet for a 2008 DL650 and also bought a GSX650F and a Hyo GT250R (because the 18 year old that's still inside me really wanted a sport bike). I am gravitating the the DL which I think is a great bike. Am planning a few tours around godzone in the warmer weather. Who knows I might even get over to the West Island one day to ride over there.

Anyway, that's me,. I'll post some pics when I have posted a few more posts :)
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome mate :cool:

You can't go wrong with the DL for those longer tours, a great all rounder :)

3. welcome from another ex-Hornet rider (600 version)

4. West Island lol...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5.  Top
  6. Welcome to the nuthouse

7. welcome aboard :)

8. Hello and welcome. Nice to meet you.

9. Welcome to NR mate, I'd heard that Kiwis were a bit on the slow side but really mate TWO years lol :whistle:

10. Welcome!
    <insert random kiwi joke here>

11. Oldie but I like it.
    How does a kiwi find a sheep in long grass?

A:Wonderful ;)

12. Welcome to NR from Adelaide. So if you are going to ride the (Godzone) you will be coming Adelaide. I will see you there.

13. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome:)

14. Right - Kiwi jokes to follow in 5, 4, 3... LOL.