Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy folks....

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tylerdurden, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Hi I'm Tim, been lurking for a few months, absorbing some of the great info to be found here. Well after a lot of research it came down to the XVS650 or a Hyosung GV650 Aquila. The Yamaha won out, mainly because I found a 2013 mint black one with only 700ks on it. Picked the bike up on Tuesday and Got my L's today and went for a decent spin this afternoon. I'd forgotten what it was like to have a bee hit your visor at 80kmh lol! (Rode for about 3 years in my twenties ). The Hyosung looked like a real nice bike, and probably goes better, but the Yamaha just looks more trad to me. I'm happy! Anyway cheers all, Tim

2. Oh I forgot to say it came with Vance and Hines pipes and a Hypercharger and was rejetted to suit
  3. Good one mate. Those bikes do look good. As long as your smiling then u brought the right bike no matter what anyone else thinks. Perfect started bike until u get full license and the $ for a night rod ;-)
  4. welcome aboard :] nice choice of bike
  5. Hello Tim and welcome, very nice bike!
  6. Hi Tim,
    So the custom or the classic ? I can't quite see in the pic.
    Where are you based, and what rides are you doing ?
  7. Hi, its the custom, I'll put a better pic up when I figure out how to lol. I'm out of Werribee in Melbourne, and if you mean group rides nothing yet, nowhere near confident enough yet as I only got my L's today. But that's my aim eventually, like minded people for rides :)
  8. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  9. Thanks Eric, spent a lot of time in Adelaide, lots of twisty roads and hills!
  10. Welcome to NR...

Another custom owner here...they are awesome bikes.
  11. It sure is, it's a far better bike than I am rider that's for sure
  12. I had the 650 custom, and then upgraded to the 1100 custom.
    You can see some pics of my 650 in the showcase - first bike.
  13. Welcome to NR. Nice bike!
  14. Welcome to NR
  15. Thanks all for your kind words, I'm finding so much good information here, and I'm loving riding again....... Even with the eccchhhhhyyyy orange fluoro vest on! It's true, I look out my kitchen window and see the bike and I get a stupid grin on my face image.
    • Like Like x 1