Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by FBU, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum and thought i'd holla at you all.

I got my L's about 2 weeks ago and bought a 95 model ZZR-250 2 days ago. Looking forward to riding fairly often and picking up some good skills/techniques.

Anyhow, ill see you all around.

2. hi and welcome to NR

3. Welcome FBU !
    Nice first bike

:biker:

4. Welcome :)

Since you're a noob rider, I'd like to strongly recommend that you read the "odds" link in my sig... just to help you focus your riding standards. :)

By the way, what does FBU stand for?? :-k ...I can think of some cheeky things... :grin:

5. Thanks, it was between that and a Suzuki Across. I couldnt find an across that I liked (condition/price) and a friend suggested the ZZR. Had a look at them and liked them right away.

I must say, (not that I have experiance or anything) comparing to the bike I did my L's course on, the ZZR is awesome.

6. Thats an 'odd' thing to say :p

7. Those are some big numbers !!!!.

My intention is to go out to a carpark every weekend and spend a couple hours working various skills. I think getting the basics right will help in NOT becoming one of the statistics. In a couple of months i'll probably do some sort of basic riding skills course (if they exist) to make sure I am on track.

8. where in sydney are you? I'm up on the Northern beaches.
    I have the same year/model bike and am also on my L's (hopefully only a few more days) perhaps we can do some rides?

M

9. Im in the south west, out liverpool way. Id be happy to go on rides, however prefer to wait a while and get some experiance before I ride in groups.

Good luck with your P's test :)

10. Welcome to the fraternity! Lots of us noobs here :)

And thanks for the link robsalvv.

11. Welcome Mate