Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Howdy All

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Akraziatic, Jan 18, 2011.

1. G'day All at Netrider.

The name's Mitch.

I come across this forum researching for my first bike and have learnt a heap while I've been lurking here.

Anyways here's a run down so you can get to know me a bit more. I'm currently study Psychology and Education at The University of Canberra. Grew up in old Wagga Wagga.

Since I was young I've been into classic motor vehicles (own a 1976 mini clubman panelvan that I've spent way too much money on).

I work in a club, a bar and at the AIS whilst juggling study (need to have my toys, like I said about the mini, too much money).

My family have always been into motor bikes (my uncle raced in Japan for Honda, and other uncles used to race sliders) though have been warned against them till I come of an age to make a proper decision for myself (even my old man is still against it, even though he flogged around with the best of em, I think his concern is more about the coin).

Since lately I've been thinking about putting the mini in the garage and get a more 'practical' car but I still want something I can take out and enjoy for myself so I decided on getting a bike aswell.

My pre-learners course is booked for 7th of Feb and am absolutely pumped for it.

Currently I've spotted an old YB100 which I'm keen to get on and have a go, which I think will satisfy my oil cravings till off my LAMS.

Anyways that's me. Feel free to ask any questions or whatever and I'm glad I found a good community to share my (sure to be) new found habit.

2. Welcome Mitch, Good luck on the pre-learners.
  3. #3 robsalvv, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Welcum to the nut house.

- - -
  4. Welcome :D
  5. Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm doing my best to sap all the knowledge I can off here.
  6. Hi Mitch,

Thought I would say hello. I am a fellow newbie, unfortunately far away in Sunny QLD.

I noted that you are studying psychology and education. I had to laugh at that, as I am just weeks away from being fully registered. I work with a bunch of sports/performance/mental health psych's who are curious about why I have developed a sudden interest in bikes. Diagnosis: anxiety about impending 30th birthday.

All the best.
  7. Hi Mitch and welcome mate :)