Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by oz_johnno, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hi folks,
    Oz Johnno here. I found out about the site recently while looking up some info on the GS500F for my missus who is is keen to ride.

Looked like a pretty vibrant community so I thought I would join :)

I consider myself an experienced rider with about 20 years of riding experience.
    I ride a 94 model CBR1000F with almost 100,000 on the clock.

I brought the GS500F for the missus (melbgirl) and she is going for her learners licence on tuesday so looking fwd to following her around for a few months while she picks up some riding skills.

We have also booked a trip to tassie so looking fwd to a few runs over elephant pass, lake leake etc, and to visit the pub in the paddock

Cheers guys

2. Hi, Motorcycling heaven in Tassie, Make sure you do the Strathgordan if you haven't before its great fun. Watch out for the wildlife though. Welcome to the site.

Strathgordon Run
  3. Welcome to you both :).
  4. cjvfr >> Yeah the road to strathgordon is great, a lot of the old hydro built roads in the southwest have been built with a quartz aggregate instead of bluestone. this makes them a little bit stickier than your regualar road..... a real hoot :) only down side is eye wear is a must as the quartz aggregate roads tend to dazzle on a sunny day (yes they do have them there)

Hornet >>>> yay, good to know there is a at least one other parrot head (Jimmy buffet fan) in the group

5. I'm growing older, but not up :wink: