Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how was the rain?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by DeBored, May 29, 2007.

1. Just wondering if anybody in the Melbourne area was enjoying the rain today...because I was doing the practical test in Dandenong when it came bucketing down.

Yep, the day had been cool, overcast and a tad gushy, we went inside and sat the written exam, as soon as we stepped outside down it came!

Good news on a few fronts,
    a) we need the rain
    b) I got my L's
    c) I now have experience (granted at low speeds) of wet conditions

Not a bad way to spend a rainy day all told!
  2. well done on the Ls...and welcome
  3. Congrats! Yep, Melbourne certainly turned it on for us yesturday. Im surprized they did the testin the rain coz when old mother nature let loose she didnt hold back... well at least in Laveton.
  4. Simple advice - ride in all conditions, but don't be afraid to slow down some more if you are unsure of surface conditions, affected by water/cold etc.
    Let the others brag from their hospital bed. Much warmer at home.
    As a learner, survival and learning are the two important factors, in that order.
  5. Well done, congrats on the pass and in the rain

Another rider in Mordialloc :)
  6. Mordy must be the place to be .................

:LOL: :LOL:
  7. hahah yer, it PISSED down here... i was stuck inside, no motorbike yet, dont drive, only got my mountainbike. n no-one home to drive me :( lol.

congrats on the Ls, n safe riding :grin:
  8. Congrats on passing the test seanusink. I got my bike a few weeks back. It's great fun. :)

Had a bit of a close call on the way home. The car in front of me stopped suddenly. I was a fair way behind him but by the time I realised what he was doing and starting breaking I didn't think I'd stop in time. I ended up breaking slowly and swerving around him. I probably would have been able to stop in time but I didn't know what the bike was going to do under the wet conditions. Hopefully it's wet this weekend so I can head to Port Melbourne and practice some emergency breaking...

EDIT: I went and did some breaking practice in the wet yesterday. Seemed to work as expected although the back wheel fish-tailed around a bit. Not sure I'd like to try it at high-speed (100km/h)...
  9. Grrrrr... I hate the rain. :evil: It makes my bike dirty and I have to clean it again when I get home.

And I also get wet and cold!