Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How useless can one company be....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Jun 12, 2007.

1. On the 1st of June I placed an order with Techonweb a supposedly decent company that you see advertised a fair bit on the net for a Bluetooth headset. A Plantronics 655 to be exact.

Try to check out, oops, international order, need to give you a price on shipping, we'll let you know.

4 Days later, send them an email asking where my shipping costs were, get a reply "we've been busy, it should be done today"

Today, the order is still awaiting a costing on freight to Australia. 12 days later!!!!!!

I reckon I should give up waiting :jerk:

2. Theres plenty of them,after contacting an english firm i wanted to place a trial order for some product 3,000 usd.Been waiting for proforma invoice and cuft measurment for 9 days :shock:
  3. They just replied :shock:

Near on USD$97 for postage.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: for 2 BT headsets :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  4. Where is the space shuttle bringing it from? :shock:

Makes me laugh, a business too busy to do business! :roll: Loads of them around though.
  5. its called the too hard p*ss off freight. we'll make it to expensive so we dont have to send it. or outprice the Aussie distributor.

if you want bluetooth suck on two or more blue lollies, then look in mirror and smile. :grin:

6. When it's all said and done, they work out to be around $20 cheaper for each set, landed.

Thanks, but if I'm going to pay USD$63 a headset then USD$97 to get them here, I'll support local business.
  7. I think it's the ol ebay trick, where the sale price looks really cheap, but magically the cost of freight has gone up a million percent.
  8. Last shipment I had from the states came in a box about 400 x 400 x 200H and it cost me USD$30.00 for the postage.
    Sounds to me like it is the old pi5s off too hard trick