Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to Video: How to REALLY clean & detail a bike

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Arik, Jun 16, 2007.

1. #1 Arik, Jun 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    This is a great watch, bloke takes 10 years of crap off a fireblade, the super-anal way.

If you've ever bought a bike that needed some TLC, or have been neglecting your duties check it out.

I loved it for the sheer over-the-top fastidiousness. Sorry for the duplicate post but didn't want this to get lost!

Part 1: [media=youtube]HREqf4wIukA[/media]
    Part 2: [media=youtube]5iJ5WDHk_N8[/media]
    Part 3: [media=youtube]bUh93do88II[/media]
    Part 4: [media=youtube]0K_ms8kCysk[/media]
    Part 5: [media=youtube]JjHwB7dsi-0[/media]

2. Nice find.
    Makes me want to go over my bike.

3. Thanks heaps Arik. I just watched all 5 parts. That guy definately has more patience than me. When it takes me 2 or 3 hours for what I do I don't even want to look at my bike after I finished... I've just had enough of it.

The next day I'm proud of the cleaner bike though :wink:

4. damn extensive.... though he will re start the wd40 debate on chains etc...

5. Thank you! Top stuff!

6. +1 nice find... never thought of WD40 as a degreasing agent before?!

7. Do not clean your chains with WD-40!

Otherwise it's a great series. :)

8. from widipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wd40

The WD-40 company claims it is safe for use on all motorcycle chains, but recommended cleaning products vary among chain manufacturers. Tsubaki Chain and RK Chain recommend WD-40 to clean or displace water on all types of chains, including sealed ring.

9. I wouldnt use WD40 all over the bike . I just use a rag + old tooth brush and kerosene to clean the chain, brake discs. Works fine !!

10. WD40 is chock full of Kero

11. i love the smell of WD-40 when i wake up in the morning...