Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to Steal a Bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by grange, Aug 21, 2009.

1. A Chinese man was arrested for stealing a motorcycle - part by part over five years from the factory where he worked.

Zhang, an assembly line worker in a motorcycle factory in Chongqing, had always wanted his own motorbike but could never afford one.

He started stealing parts from the factory warehouse and assembling them at home in 2003, reports the Chongqing Times.

"I don't have that much money, so I came up with the idea of taking the parts home and assembling them on my own," said Zhang.

After five years, he had finally built himself a brand new SUV motorcycle and proudly started driving it on the road.

But, almost immediately, he was pulled up by police who discovered that he had no driving licence or paperwork for the bike.

Zhang admitted theft and was fined the equivalent of £440, put on probation for a year, and ordered to return the motorcycle to the factory.

2. Poor bugger. Obviously no major updates over the 5 years :LOL:
  3. Genius comes in many forms! :grin:
  4. Points for effort. You've gotta feel sorry for a bloke whose wages are so low he can't afford the equivalent of a few hundred bucks to buy a bike - even after working at the same place for more than 5 years. Sad story.
  5. Poor bloke :cry:

I reckon he would have been better off buying it in parts if he could afford it.

Damned corrupt commies!
  6. Actually they wouldn’t allow corruption, thus fining him and returning thee bike to the factory.
    But yes full points for planning and dedication
  7. Hefty fine.
  8. Did he get the idea from the Johnny Cash song? :LOL:
  9. Silly bugger stole the battery first :?
  10. should organise a charity and buy him a bike, i know i'd donate.
  11. Yeah me too. But little by little over the next five years
  12. I'd like to know how he smuggled those wheels out of the factory under his shirt with no-one the wiser?
  13. At least smuggling out the air for the tyres was easy :roll:
  14. Hey in Mash Radar managed to smuggle an entire Jeep back home piece by piece. Maybe Zhang here was a huge Mash fan and got the idea from them :)

Top points for innovation and execution, bottom marks for being dumb enough to think he could get away with it!
  15. Thumbs up for dedication and the execution of the 5-year plan, but, why the hell did he have to ride it without a license or rego. Idiot.
  16. During the Vietnam war the VC in the Cu Chi province had a tunnel running right into the middle of a major US supply depot from which they stole tons of food and equipment. The Yanks had no idea how long the tunnel was there and quite by chance they discovered it one day to find a treasure trove of lost gear. Hundreds of rifles and millions of rounds, complete anti aircraft guns, but can you imagine their suprise when they found a complete M60 tank in the tunnel as well! How the VC smuggled it throught the tunnel piece by piece I have no idea, but what an achievement.

17. I usually frown down on thieves etc .. but this guy certainly had some patience & determination.
  18. Top marks for patience and dedication over the 5 years.

He should have taken a second job at the RTA so he could have smuggled out a license too.
  19. I'll say. Somehow I get the impression that he didn't quite think this through. Despite having five years to do so.
  20. But what are the chances of getting pulled over in China? 2+ billion people and god only knows how many motorcycles and its not like they actually follow road rules over there.

I say he was just unlucky but mighty determined.