Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to sell a bike privately

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Julien, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys

I've just put my bike up for sale.

Some guy wants to buy it from me and is offering to pay via paypal by credit card.

I'm a bit nervous, I've never met the guy and he hasn't even seen my bike...

Is there anything I should make sure I do when I sell the bike? Any paperwork? I am in NSW and I think I am meant to fill out the back of the rego papers to transfer the bike. Anything else?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Do a search for scams.

One was posted today.
  3. Thank god for Netrider!

Thanks fo that guys. My buyer says he is a sailor.............. sounds lke I am the victim of a scam. Too good to be true!

Anyway, I am still interested in hearing any advice you may have on how to formally complete a sale re paperwork etc.

4. Do not accept anything but cash in immediate exchange for your bike.

Anyone who is not going to come and inspect the bike before buying is a scam artists.
  5. paypal is the worst method of payment known to man.

even worse than these old US civil war confederate bonds my uncle has as a momento/historical piece......

they get the bike then claim back the money. you have no recourse. but of course this has been covered before
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.