Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Announcement How to search the site - new method

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Sep 1, 2015.

1. I've changed the location and mechanism for searching the site (for desktop browsers, no change for mobile browsers (for now)).

Previously, the field showed in the top right of the screen, waiting for you to type in your search keyword(s). The field disappeared when you scrolled down, so wasn't easiest to access.

Now, search is still located in the top right, but moved to the magnifying glass icon near you name-conversations-alerts icons. And remains when you scroll down. Click the magnifying glass to expand the quick search field to type in your search keyword(s), or click the gear icon on the right-hand side to expose the full search criteria.

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 23.28.41.

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 23.29.16.

• Like Like x 15
  2. This is desktop only?

3. Yes, for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Seems all right so far, thanks.

5. Yep, all good

6. Works well on Win10 with FF and looks more "elegant".

7. Awesome.. I love how this site works, and now searching of things are so much easier. I'll be sending in a two page story to a motorbike magazine in Australia that has seen the videos and is keen to cover the story of our Burke and Wills trip. What do you think about the idea of me directing all viewers to see the documentary through this site rather than go directly to Youtube?

• Like Like x 2
  8. That would be ideal George, allowing viewers to see them all together in easy succession and engage with you in feedback, praise, and discussion.

9. Pretty sure somebody posted about this last week.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nice handsome looking new search bar =D

11. Works well and so much easier having it scroll with the page.

Although, the font is red on a black background. Is it possible to change to white?

Also, what do you think about adding a link/button to "advanced search" on the far right hand side (left of the cog) when the search bar opens up? Just so you can go directly to the advanced search screen from opening it up.

Just some feedback. Looks great otherwise.

12. Have you heard of the search function!?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. MouthMouth Thanks for the change to white :) looks good!