Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to remove stickers.....

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Wombatclay, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Howdy, I have baught a 1992 CBR600F & was wondering how to remove the stock stickers so I can get it smooth & ready for painting....It is a little scratched vertical wise (some horrizontal) & was gonna get some resin & patch it up & sand it smooth as I have had a few surfboards in the past & I want to retain the carbon faring weight as much as possiable......so any suggestions would be great as I am doing this on a tight budget & want to neaten it up as I have noticed it is now a hard buy to come buy in good nic. I am gonna paint it Metallic Black base with metallic silver pinstriping & doing the CBR & 600F in silver too.......

2. As far as I know, use a heat gun to remove pin-stripeing as long as it's not painted over by the clear.

Prepsol should get rid of any residue and may even remove the stickers in the 1st place, I don't know of Prepsols attitude towards carbon fibre though.
  3. hmmmmm...........might have to do a patch test.....
  4. petrol will remove the sticky/gummy stuff off your bike.

i've done it before without any damage - but dont quote me; i dont know how it affects your carbon fairings. I used petrol on my CBR250R's faring without any troubles (ie it didnt strip/ affect the 'glossy' surface)
  5. I've used Bosisto's Eucalyptas Oil to remove sticker gum.
  6. +1.

I also use it in the laundry to remove grease stains.

When I worked at BP, we would dowse the drive with a eucalyptus solution. Much safer than degreaser and better for the environment.
    Also does not eat away seals and rubbers and stuff.
  7. thanks for the advice...........just what will remove clearcoat? safely.......the oil worked wonders, reccommended to anyone.