Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how to remove indicators

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Sunflower, Jan 31, 2008.

1. I'm taking my 250 CBR apart for a re spray and have the front end off it with indicators unplugged but can't figure out how to get the indicators off the fairing!? I can un-plug them from the side of the fairing but can't pull the lead through the hole to release indicator altogether (the plug is too wide to fit through the hole) anyone know how to go about this? Should I cut and then later on re wire the cables?

Any help appreciated

2. if you want to put after market indicators on you'll need to cut em any way.

i have cut and rewired indicators countless times on my 3 bikes, it doesnt bother me to do a bit of butchering (shuddarp tweet :wink: ) but some people are fussy about keeping there bike in absolute original condition. its up to you.

edit: btw you say front end? i assume you just mean the fairings? the front end refers to your forks, top and bottom bridge etc.