Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how to remove ducati monster 796 restrictor kit with revits?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by LittleMc, Mar 17, 2012.

1. hey guys
    i own a brand new ducati M796 and i want to remove the restrict kit, the only problem that i have is that it is with revits and not with bolts and i have to idea how to approuch it
    the pic of it attached
    hope you can help me

Attached Files:

2. G'day & welcome! I presume you mean 'rivets' in which case you need to drill them out, but I'm advocating you take a drill to your carbs just yet!

Are you sure it's restricted? & if so why? It wouldn't fall under LAMS at 796cc's... (Or are you in Britain?)

Can we get a few more pics? Have you tried looking of a Ducati/Monster specific forum?
  3. Hey and thanks for the respond, I already removed it by bending the part that was stopping the full spin, this way I will be able to easily bend it back later :)
    I am from Israel, here we got 3 levels of licences, A2 - up to 250cc A1 - up to 500 cc and A - no limits, my duc is 803cc and it's been limited to 33hp to allow A1 owners to ride on it, as far as I know, removing the limitation will turn back on me only in case that the insurance company will check the bike in case of an acsident.
  4. Well I'll be - biking in Israel, huh?
    Sure are some interesting rules you got there too - an 803cc bike fits in to the <500cc category with a throttle stop?
    Welcome aboard LittleMc - if you get the chance, we'd all love to see some Israeli roads that you ride!
  5. I would love to see a photo of the bent restrictor, if you have time. cheers
  6. I'd love to understand how a 796 Duc lump (803cc) with a throttle body restrictor only make 33hp :confused: ???
  7. Put that on your list.
  8. Tick.......

Ya can't troll me mate.....

Fair play.....not gunna happen :D