Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to install right angle tyre valves

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by hongyi77, Aug 28, 2012.

1. I got these right angle valves as part of a deal when I got my radiator guard.

Can't seem to find any information online or here that tells me how to install them, so I would really appreciate some help in getting some questions answered. Thanks everyone!

Are they safe to use? Some websites say they can release air at high speed. These are aluminium, really light and good quality.

Can I fit them myself or does the tyre need to come out? Ie I can only get them installed when I next change my tyres?

If I can fit them myself, then how do I do it? Looks like they should be quite flush against the rim so does it mean I have to somehow get straight stem out first??

2. Undo the existing valve with pliers and screw the new one in.
    Should only take a few minutes.
  3. Is it a twist out or a pull out? Does it involve breaking the stem in any way?
  4. I have not used them on tubeless tyres but I expect there the same.The ones I have used in tubes just screw straight onto the valve after obviously taking the valve cap off.There is an inner valve in the 90 so you end up with 2,the origanal stays in I used one on the rear for years always connected.And then I had it loose air 2 weekends in a row.Absolute pain in the arse having a tyre deflate from 38psi to less than 10 in 20 minutes,so I now only use it to add air,a bit more than I need as you loose some pulling them off,then check and lower with a separate gauge that fits after pulling the 90 off.
  5. yep. they screw together, with the nut on the inside of the rim. time for a burn-out :wink:

• Like Like x 1