Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to fix broken front mudguard bracket

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by jimmylimousine, Apr 15, 2008.

1. The bracket on the front mudguard of my bike has cracked. Just the bracket and not the actual mudguard.

I called some wreckers to get a price and found out that i couldn't only buy the bracket (which is riveted on) but had to buy the mudguard aswell.

Is there some placethat can make me a new bracket and rivet it on?
    Is it possible to weld the other bits back on? (seems unlikely)

here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated

2. I would drill the rivets, get the bit of metal off, and make one up at work :LOL:
    If you can't make something up, then I'm sure any sort of metal fabrication shop could, it isn't hard. Once its made, pop rivet it back on.

3. there is a fabrication shop on mt Alexander road ascot vale - I would give more details but my friend stole his business card from me last week.
    its called something like trueline? anyway the guys there are excellent at fabricating stuff to spec, I had them make up some spacers for my scoot a couple of months ago, their rate seemed very reasonable.

Anyway, I would take all of your broken bits to them, after you have removed the rivets from the fender, to a place that you trust to do the fabrication work, and they should be able to knock it out for you in a couple of hours.

4. if thats not an fzr front end I'm a monkey arse! I have a spare one but you would have to paint it..

5. Pleeeeeeeeeee tell him its not from a FZR! Pleeeeeeeeeease. One of the mods can change his name to monkey bum face and it will be ohhhh so funny...

....for a few minutes anyway.