Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW How to find a basket case?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Nods, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20 or so years ago I came across a trashed '74 Bonneville 750 T140V and restored it as my major project for the Industrial Technology subject I was studying in my final two years at high school. It had lots of parts missing and hadn't been running for a number of years, but she was beautiful when I was finished.

I've got a major itch to do it again, but haven't been a part of the bike world since that time so don't have any contacts I can ask. Does anyone have any tips on where I could look to find a bike that fits the bill? I'd want something a bit older, with a bit of character, and parts not impossible to come by.

I regret selling that Bonny, but as a poor student living at home, my mum was on my case as it was sitting in the garage unregistered and I didn't have the cash to get registration. I'd love to know what happened to her...

2. Gumtree usually has heaps of project bikes, often ones which are half-finished, if you don't mind fixing up someone's mess
    Alternatively these people are wreckers, but they also have bikes in various states of disreopair for sale
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good on you Paul, thanks a lot!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.