Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to determine the age of a Honda CB250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Swaine, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Hi

May be a stupid question and not really technical at all, but when i look at the compliance plate I can see when very small font saying '12/00', do I take this as being December 2000 as year of build?

The longer VIN 17 digit number includes '2003' in it, so should I take this as the age?

Need it for insurance. The Reg papers do not provide any age indication.

Thanks

2.  Top
  3. You do it just like a tree. Saw the engine in half and count the rings.

4. Hi OZChris

I believe you are right re Dec 2000, when I entered the VIN into that link the Year of Manufacture was 2000. So that i what I will go with.

I also just tried it on a CBR250RR VIN however it did not come up at all.
    Either the VIN , read out to me over the phone was incorrect and I will check it personally or due to it supposedly being a 'grey import' it will be impossible to determine its age.

Problem is, it is getting a roadworthy and then licensed so wont they require a Date of Manufacture?

5. dont happen to have a link for suzuki's by any chance?

6. If you have the compliance letter it will be on that.

This is a pic of my compliance plate. I have circled that 2 dates on it. The one that states 01/95 is the year on manufacture and the other one, 11/05 is the date of compliance.

gx26gKbi.

7. Thanks for the image, I now have the details.