Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to decide which bike....

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Guest, Aug 7, 2006.

1. I am looking at getting a VTR 250 or a Zeal for my first bike.

What is the best way to find out which feels more comfortable. Do most people go to a deal and sit on them their or is it just luck when you purchase your first second hand bike?
  2. hey snowball- not sure where in melbourne you are, but I'd try at least sit on both, if not test ride.

Should be able to get a test of the vtr pretty easy at a honda dealer (peter stevens eliz st?), not sure about the zeals though. Pretty uncommon yeah? Maybe give sumoto a shot, I think they have a few of the grey import 250's, you might find some of the other 250's there feel better while you're at it.

Apart from the zeal and vtr being naked, pretty different bikes engine wise, any particular reason you've narrowed it down to those?

I'm sure a lot of people here would also recommend the spada, gpx, zzr, cbr, hornet for a look at...
  3. So far it is just the look of the bike that has grabbed me but i do prefer the naked bies.. I will look into the other recomendations thanks.
  4. Take a test ride. Get it checked by a mechanic, too. I didn't do that, and... it didn't go so well.
  5. first bikes usually come down to looks ;) he he... but try to sit on or test ride as many 250's as you can.... you'll know when the right one comes along... then its all about finding a good one and one that looks pretty ;) is how i found my little rosie.. red zzr250... test rode nearly everything that was a road bike and a couple trailies to make sure.. when i got on the zzr it felt great and so natural for me... so i went for one of those....

good luck with the search..... :D
  6. Hey Snowball, welcome to nutrider, don't know what your budget is, but if your looking at a VTR250 check out xxsteves in the for sale section.

He's a fussy bugger so you'll know your getting a good bike.
  7. I've got a Zeal, I'm Rapped with it! Had it for years.

...Having said that it all comes down to personal preference, have a look at bikes, sit on bikes etc... only real way to know...
  8. Try the Bandit as well...
  9. I second the Bandit option. That's what I'm riding. Very nice bike, corners well and is one of the more powerful 250s. Try and get an Aussie model if you can.
  10. Thanks guys for the feedback i appreciate it.