Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How to clean corrosion off wiring harness?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by chickibabe, Nov 19, 2006.

1. After some help with the above,

Well by what I can see, it looks like corrosion in the connector.

Can anyone give me any advise on how to clean this problem?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers Lou
  2. Easiest method is to simply scrape away the corrosion with a bit of sandpaper or a knife blade until it's shiny.
  3. try one of these

Strip cracked and peeling lacquer from coated brass objects with a solution of 1 cup baking soda in 2 gallons boiling water. Let the article stand in the water until it cools, then peel off the lacquer.

To clean brass, make a paste from 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Apply the paste with a soft cloth and rub. You may also dip a cut lemon in salt and rub it on the brass. Wash the object in warm soapy water, and buff to bring up the shine.

These two cleaning recipes will help keep your copper in good shape:

Make a paste of 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Rub it over the copper surface, then wash the copper object in hot soapy water. Rinse and buff for a shiny finish.

Mix 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt to make a copper cleaner. Wash, rinse, and dry the item after this treatment. A cut lemon dipped in salt will also clean copper.

or may be stick it in a can of coke overnight
  4. Try bi carb mixed in with hot water in a squirty container.

Should bubble and fix. Rinse with clean water, allow to dry and apply vaso to insulate.

Worked everytime on anything electrical for me.