Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how to clean a jacket that smells so bad it makes me cry?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by hippo, Aug 16, 2007.

1. hey,

i bought a secondhand dainese jacket, and it came with this incredibly bad b.o. smell.

i've already soaked it twice, and sprayed half a bottle of febreze on it, and it just won't go away, even after i hung outside in the sunshine for 2 days.

is there a better way to clean the jacket? its synthetic with leather bits.
  2. Maybe get it professionally cleaned...

or check your own BO hahahaha :)
    It might not be the jacket that's the problem!
  3. I suggest rubbing it with raw onions.

It won't make the smell go away...

but you'll have an excuse for crying :wink:
  4. get a bottle of NILODOUR from Safeway, or get it professionally cleaned.
  5. Soak it in PineOclean so you smell like a pine tree :p
  6. Re: how to clean a jacket that smells so bad it makes me cry

Hanging it in the sunshine's probably not going to do much, and may in fact make matters more difficult.

Perhaps give it a wash and then put it in a cool shaded spot to dry and then when it's damp, spray it with Glen 20 (as nightgash suggested). Let it sit for a while and then give it another wash and then let it completely dry. If it still stinks, I'd take it to the dry cleaners, or go the onion method. ;)
  7. try something like martha gardners wool mix which should be fairly gentle on the leather bits. don't know what nappi san would do to them
  8. um didnt u smell it before u bought it?? :grin: :grin:

not sure what u can put on... bu there is product in coles/safeway called oust... yes thats the correct spelling
    give that a try