Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

how to build a superbike

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by dgmeister, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Okay!

someone has a stock standard 600 or 1000 big4 sport bike, and they want to race it at an international level, say in WSBK.
    they have an unlimited budget.

what are the modifications required to win the championship?
    step by step
  2. Step 1: get really really good at riding.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Step 2: Remove the mirrors and indicators
  4. Step 3: Remove headlights and tail lights
  5. Step 4: Acquire an abundant of spare parts
  6. Step 5. Get a big truck.....your going to need it to cart all the money around
  7. Step 5: Go back to step 1
  8. [​IMG]
  9. Steo 6: Grow some big steel balls - fertiliser helps (so I've been told)
  10. Step one................buy a fully prepped bike from another team.

Step two...............buy a crazy fast rider with the biggest balls who is desperate to get back in any team
  11. Get ben spies at the end of this year. I'm sure he'll want to be off that ducati..
  12. Ben Spies..pffft....

but I'd be surprised if Iannone doesn't pull a rabbit out the hat and have the odd result worth noticing on his duc...he does like it a little loose and wild....
  13. can't wait for qatar!

thanks for all the top notch advice guys.

shocks, forks, swingarm

ohlins shocks = probably more $ than you paid for the bike!

japanese manufacturers have traditionally used suspension components produced in-house or of negligible quality, (not sure, maybe newer bikes have name brand components)

these components should allow reasonable speed and handling, but the aftermarket stuff is what you need to go fast with confidence

GP 'prototype' bikes make use of production suspension components, wheels and brakes.

i am not sure if the OEM forks are totally replaced or only the internals are changed. shocks would be replaced, as would linkages and possibly even the swingarm.

the good stuff costs about the same as a new bike!