Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How safe are dry rider jeans >?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by heavyw8, Apr 7, 2005.

1. hi all... as the subject title asks...

they're made of contrusctive nylon blah blah... and padding at hips etc....

wondering if they do the job?
    if not leather then what?

thanks again?

Get my bike tomorrow!!! :D:D

2. *edited*

I really should read the title more carefully...I'll be going now....

3. Didn't even give me time to post my smart arse reply deyago,

You are too fast.

4. I wear Dri rider Pants a fair bit, I haven't tested em out yet but I reckon they'd be pretty good in a stack.

Maybe not as good as leather but certainly better than denim.

5. I have a pair of draggin cargo pants that have almost become my second skin.

Have not gone sliding down the road in them but all the reports I have heard are good.

They wash well and you can tumble dry them.

Do not know what the dry riders cost but there is a factory outlet from Draggin in South Melbourne and I got my pants plus some knee pads with change out of $200.00

Website is: http://www.dragginjeans.com.au/

6. hey urban..

thanks for the reply

what sort are your dri rider ones? there are some that look like.... hrrmm... tracksuit pants ... surely they are not durable are they?

think theyre called 'eagle'

7. Mine are a Nordic something or other.

Made from cordura which is supposed to be pretty resistant to abrasion. I really only wear em to keep dry/warm but they are meant to save you some skin if you go for a slide.

8. Can vouch for that. They did a great job of keeping the road out. I bled into them a bit from abrasion against the kevlar pad (at the main impact point) but the blood washed out pretty easily. Probably would come through almost unscathed if I had the knee protectors in.

:D :D :D

9. if your talking about the cordura style dririder pants, theyre pretty good. I came of in the wet and I only had a small hole in mine on the backside.

I have also came of in the waterproof stuff with insulation (at 60kph), they were torn to shreds (had draggins underneath luckily which had no damage).

I have came off in normal jeans lightly around a corner, not a scratch.

can't beat leathers, cordura next, then draggin jeans, then normal jeans then everything else is pretty much gonna get shredded.