Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How not to clean your chain...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Deadsy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. This has already been posted on a few other forums and it's just common sense really, but I'm sure there are others out there that are as oblivious to the possible consequences as this guy was.

Not for the squeamish.

2. Knew a guy at school who did this same thing. He lost tip of his right index finger.

3. I don't get it, blood wont get the small stones and dirt out?? what??
  4. lol, not anymore buddy!
  5. That is TERRIBLE... how on earth he had the calmness to go and get a camera and then take multiple shots of his missing fingers I don't know!
  6. Netriders very own Phanoongy had a go at finger removal when cleaning his chain with the bike running too:eek:hno:, and he's got some nasty scars to prove it
  7. mate of mine runs the motor while cleaning his chain, I give him crap about it all the time. The fact the kill switch is so far away should be reason enough.
  8. Damn... that'd hurt.

Love the back and forth"

"You are one dumb f*cker"
    "At least i can spell the word BRAKE in my sig"
    "At least i can type it"

9. Reminds me of a certain Netrider who did the same thing, only one or 2 fingers though and successfully reattached.

10. Can't put brains in statues ffs
  11. Damn, that's nasty. I just don't understand how anyone could think that would be a good idea...
  12. Quickest way to get the chain around with zero effort. I can see how it would seem like a good idea.

Painful way to learn to think ahead another step...
  13. :shock:
    That's shocking !
    I'll admit, I often have the bike idling in gear to lube the chain, but NEVER attempted to wipe it down whilst it's running.

poor guy
  14. Am I the only one the finds it funny that this is on the same forum as the guy that put NOS energy drink in his bike.

Oh with him taking pics, he did that while waiting for the ambo to show up
  15. Showing your favourite internet forum that you are stupid and deserving of a darwin award is more important than life itself. :p
  16. If only he was cleaning the chain with his penis he would've already won the Darwin.
  17. ****, that's terrible
    I've seen at least one instructional video (I think on "expertvillage" or some such) where the guy does that (running the bike while lubing, not the finger thing)
    And the guy who instructed my Ls said he did it too .......
    I've done it a couple times but always felt a bit dangerous .... never ever doing it again ....
  18. I'll do it for spraying lube, but not for wiping the chain clean. Way too much snag potential. Keep the fingers the hell away from crush points like that.
  19. Never underestimate the power of stupidity.
  20. Atleast he admits to noobdom...

Here's to getting a shaft drive everyone...?