Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How much to straighten and align forks after small crash?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by TINOKIM, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Hi i am new to bikes and i got ninja 300 for my first bike its fun and good but today i kinda sliped and flying off...my bike hit the gutter (i think that what it calls...) and went on the foot parth nothing more. I think I need to fix the alignmnet as it does not feel normal and looks bit off as well. So just wondering how much will it cost me to fix them roughly so I don't have a heartattack when I get the bill from the repair shop. And since I am like really really new to bike I have no idea of any parks to look at or what they are calleds...

Cheers :)

P.S any cheap and good good good motorcycle repair/service shop near Chatswood area??
  2. It might just need a 5 minute straighten out if nothing is bent. If u have bent something like the forks then it's gonna cost some $
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. Thanks for the head up mate :) if..if i bent something roughly how much would it be??
  4. Anywhere from $50 to $1000 if you bent the forks.
    Chances are its just the triple-clamp has taken a knock and is out of alignment, happened to me aswell after a tumble...Involves 15 minutes work loosening the bolts and straightening it back up then tightening it again.
    You might be charged ~1 hours labor if the mechanic takes it for a test-ride and confirms nothing else is damaged if this is the case.

Bending bits and cracking frames is normally caused by smashing into something (tree, cars etc). Dropping a bike is normally comestic with the worst being bent gear selectors and broken clutch/brake levers
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bent handle bars will also make it feel like the whole front end is twisted.....check
  6. Get a mechanic to check it. If the damage is serious, don't fiddle with it yourself, claim on your insurance and get it fixed professionally. Chances are you may have caused other damage as well.....
    • Agree Agree x 1