Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How much to pay for getting RWC

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by indy_rider, May 14, 2007.

1. Hi Folks,
    I have a bike to sell and I would like know how much its costs to obtain a Road Worthy Certificate for the bike. I looked at the Vic roads website which says its subject to the bike condition. My bike is in good shape and Ive been using it for regular commuting.

Can people say how much they have paid for RWC in their past so that I can get a rough idea ?

thanks
    sreeni

2. The actual check is around $80 or so. If it does not meet roadworthy standard then it will cost you to fix the problems. Be careful though, a lot of these places like to have a go and try and do things that are not needed just to make money. Be very careful were you get your RWC carried out.

3. Thanks mate, I will keep that in mind. Any places that you would recommend ? I live in the western subrubs of melbourne.

4. I paid $40 for the RWC, nothing needed to be done so it was just checking through the list of items (indicators, oil leaks, etc).

5. Cool, which place was that?

6. Only one slight problem for you, the place is called JC Auto Centre and located in Vermont.