Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How much money for a little bit of fuel?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by redeagle, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Hey guys!
    It may sound like an ugly question... But I am serious!
    Here in Italy we pay about 1.4 Euros for 1 litre of fuel
    (how do you call it by the way? fuel? gas? petrol?)

And I was just wondering how much you do pay...

Please, let me know something from the beautiful Australia ;-)

2. Petrol/fuel (pfft to gas.. only yanks say that) costs $1.25 mid-week and usually ramps up to about $1.35 - $1.40 on weekends

well thats how its going in my area at the moment.. apparently theres a big price rise on the horizon :cry:
  3. I paid about EU0.80 per litre this morning for petrol.

Automotive LPG (the Americans call it propane) is about EU0.37 per litre.
  4. Man, lucky to find Premium under AU$1.50 around Sydney right now.
  5. In comparison (ie cost of living in each country) it is more or less equal
    In conversion terms 1.4 euros is about AU $2.32 per litre
    We call it petrol here.
    Gas is what comes out of our arse ;)
  6. Really? Judging by some of the stuff that ends up on netrider I always assumed we called those things 'posts'

edit; no I didn't specifically mean you smee

7. Hehehehe guilty as charged :wink:
  8. Yeah fuel varies depending on where you are in the country. It was 1.47 (0.88 Euro) here the other day for standard (90 octane) unleaded. "Here" being outside of a capital city (typically add 5-10 cents a litre for more remote rural areas in Victoria).
    Higher grades (95, 98 and in some places 100 RON) are also available but cost slightly more, 95 is an extra 6 cents per litre for example (Edit: make that 8 cents extra).
  9. well out here in the nsw country it has been $1.45 for ages ( .87 euros ) and thats just for normal unleaded.
  10. In the Netherlands we pay appr EUR 1,50 per liter unleaded 95 petrol.