Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How much for a late 04 kawasaki gpx250r

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by ricomac, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Any ideas how much you should pay for this private sale? I think its an 05 model. had about 10,000 on the clock.

thanks

2. Use redbook to find out

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/mcycle/index.php

It should be on there.... redbook is the "standard" pricing you should see at a dealer...

Knock off a few hundred bucks in a private sale... and ofcourse negotiate for any damage...

Or you could try asking on the www.ksrc-au.com forum... (kawasaki sportsbike riders club)

3. Ok... I used redbook to find out for you...

Trade in price guide* $2,500 - $2,900
    National average price - private sale* $3,800 - $4,500
    Price when new (RRP) $5,990

(not including GST, REG or STAMP)

Please Note:

Prices quoted include standard equipment. However, allowance should be made for any added optional equipment. Click on "specifications" for details of standard and optional equipment.

* Trade-In Price Guide assumes that the bike is in average condition with average kilometres.

* Private Sale Price Guide may be different to a dealer's retail price because the dealer prepares the bike more thoroughly, both mechanically and aesthetically, and provides a consumer warranty

4. Thanks StereoHead!

5. Yer welcome.... :)

Go team green

6. Be careful with redbook prices especially how they relate to 250cc bikes.
    IMO redbook undervalues 250s quite a bit

7. I've found redbook is only good for a rough estimate.

It doesn't take into account a lot of variables, ranging from KM's done to modification (even exhaust systems change the price dramatically).

8. It is an indication only.... but yeah, bike shops put way too much markup on 250s

9. That'll be because the 250 market is a captive audience in states where the 250 restriction applies.