Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How much do riding jeans stretch?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by chokpa, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

Thinking of buying some Draggins or Hornees. Normal jeans I wear a 33 but they stretch to fit and loosen up.

Riding jeans are stitched differently and have kevlar, would this stop them from stretching?

Thanks guys :-({|=
  2. my draggins are same size as all my other jeans and are tighter than the lot. i would say they don't stretch much at all
  3. my experience - barely at all, if anything.
  4. cheers, thanks
  5. I recently got some kevlar jeans from a little stall in a Perth shopping complex.. with regards to the actual size, they're very slightly smaller than my regular jeans, and have a lower crotch. but are also very stretchy.

I asked the guy if they were made with stretch denim, he said no.. but they seem just like it, and the waist alone can stretch to a few inches oversized if you just pull it out.

I don't know if these ones are sold anywhere else, could be but I'd never heard of them before.
    Will have to check the tag again later on to find out
  6. Check out the sartso jeans too.

I found that my hornees had the same amount of stretch as normal jeans, I found the quality better than the draggins too (but you find stories both good and bad for both brands)

Remember when you buy them to hop on a bike for a bit too, you want to make sure the cut and size are right for your riding position.