Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many times have you paid the MCIS levy? And how much?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by QuarterWit, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasn't it supposed to be a once-off fee that was announced by the government which was going to cost an average of $40.00 per motorist.

My greenslip is 679.00, of which $202.00 is the levy. Which was $210.00 last year. I must be pulling the f******g average up every year.

That's the THIRD f*****g time I've paid that f*****g thing. Absolute F*****G labor government bullshit. Bunch of f******g c**ts.

Should hang the lot of the bastards.

How much is y'all's MCIS levy, and how many times have you paid it?

Looks like it's going to be around $800 odd dollars to keep my bike on the road, without even looking at third party property damage. Might be time to make a phone call today and transfer everything to Mexico.
  2. I thought you WERE in Mexico?
  3. and exactly what IS the MCIS levy anyway?
  4. I am. Just dragging my feet on changing it over - I'm going to find out how much hassle it is getting a RWC or if I have to take it over the pits because it's a grey import.

(Edit - I think we posted at the same time)

5. Snap.

My MCIS levy was not much this year. The cars greens and rego used to be over $1000. The bikes are about $400.

I thought the levy was to pay for ambulances or something? Not sure...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.