Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many times have you come off your bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by bambam_101, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Having dropped my bike for the first time the other day, its kinda given the confidence a bit of a shake. To the point where im startin to ride like an old lady for fear of another fall.

Question is, how many times have you guys come off your bike? And in how many years riding? Either just dropping the bike in the driveway or a full blown 100kph slide across traffic?

2. Removing a few words here and there could turn that into a really funny quote. :cool:

3. Re: How many times have you come off?

:rofl:

Hunderds of times. :LOL: If you're counting 25 years of trail bikes you'd never count them all. I have trouble keeping count each day. :LOL: I've got some damn cool scars too. :cool: A couple a times on the road bikes I've dropped them in the driveway but no big falls tossing the bike down the road doing $4600 damage to an ER-5 cause I've got a dad who'll do that for me. :LOL: I did get cleaned up by a Camry once who thought'd be fun to T-Bone me while I was lane splitting at high speed. fcuked up my knee big time and the damage will last the rest of my life. On the bright side, I climbed back on to the moving bike and brought it to a stop without dropping it. :dance: A bit of blue paint on the CB's engine casing (took it off with cut&polish) and $5000 (minimum) damage to the camry (took the front end off. :LOL: ) Seany wins! :dance:

Wanna see some cool scars? :cool: :LOL:

4. Only one exciting off.

... + a boring stopped drop.

"Curse you Maccas carpark!"

5. Re: How many times have you come off?

Well that's another question alltogether. :rofl:

6. Got knocked off once whilst on my L's at about 80kmhr. Was raining heaps, was sliding on my back for like 30m then for some dumb reason i thought i had stopped and decided to stand up...little did i know i was still going about 40kmhr so ended up flying like superman through the air

:LOL:

You will lose the shakes after a bit and regain your confidence. Youve got your stack behind you, now you can get on with the real riding. Everyone has to come off once.

7. haha, now edited my text just to make you guys look stupid!

:p :p :p

8. almost had my first stack today.

bloody cage drivers!!!

9. somebody posted here the other day "there are two types of riders those that have come off and those that will" I tend to agree. put it this way if you havnt come off then you havnt riden.

10. lots of small oopses... one major one when the driver waited until i was 2 car lengths away before deciding to do a u-turn in front of me... 6 months physio to get the wrists working properly, cracked ribs and a written of gpz750r for my troubles... oh well that was my last major stack.. 1995.. can't keep complaining as the car drivers simply refuse to get better

11. make everybody ride bikes there would be less accidents then

12. I come of my bike every time I finish a ride. :grin:

Seriously I had one James Bond incident under a truck while on my P's and that is it. Still I figure even if you come off you just keep on riding hard, that's how you learn, by pushing the limits.

13. Highsided out of turn2 at Mallala at 90km/h. No serious injuries just a suspected fractured wrist, 4 weeks later i was back on the track, and its fine now.

Dropped front end of 250 on gorge road at low speed on the gravel.

Dropped 250 on grass driveway about 4 times.

14. My first big stack was on my Ls.
    lane splitting and come to the front, braking, lights turn green.
    Try to make a quick getaway,hit the accelerator while still holding on to the brake.
    Not good, rear came out and we both went into a parked car.

Second, just finished work, riding down Bridge rd. Car decides to change lanes without looking. Knocks me off my bike. Lucky cos it was right in front of Epworth hospital.

Third, well watched a stunt vid, thought it wouldn't be impossible to do a rolling burnout on a 250. Rolling along, rear wheel spinning in the wet. Didn't know the rear would move about and fell over. One week after getting bike back all fixed and new looking. 'DOH!
    No more trying to stunt!

15. My first big stack was on my Ls.
    lane splitting and come to the front, braking, lights turn green.
    Try to make a quick getaway,hit the accelerator while still holding on to the brake.
    Not good, rear came out and we both went into a parked car.

Second, just finished work, riding down Bridge rd. Car decides to change lanes without looking. Knocks me off my bike. Lucky cos it was right in front of Epworth hospital.

Third, well watched a stunt vid, thought it wouldn't be impossible to do a rolling burnout on a 250. Rolling along, rear wheel spinning in the wet. Didn't know the rear would move about and fell over. One week after getting bike back all fixed and new looking. 'DOH!
    No more trying to stunt!

16. Last time I answered this question I fell off 20 minutes later :oops:

17. iv dropped my bike 4 times. twice in the driveway, once in the middle of the road, and once in a parking lot. all 4 times iv hit the deck. my bike wont fall over unless i will too. it keeps landing on my foot. :oops: at least i can pick it up now

18. Twice - first time the front locked up and low-sided me in an icy road, second was the same thing but on a muddy dirt road - both on the same bike. Minor damage both times, could still ride the bike, only bruising to myself. Been riding 11 years. Had more accidents in/on 4 wheels than two, often due to other's stupidity, and I don't buy into the 'you have to have an off' theory.

19. Not counting stationary drops:

1st off: 2001, My first real road ride around the quiet suburban streets of Asquith. Was doing fine until I turned left into my street, came in a bit hot, gave it too much brake and lowsided it. Was stupidly in shorts, so I learnt about road rash very quickly. The gouges in the road are still there, so I guess I gave as good as I got.

2nd off: 2005, Riding to work a week after I'd bought all new riding gear. I was fully kitted up and some dozy bint comes flying out of her driveway without looking and smacks straight into me. Wrote my Spada off and shattered half a dozen bones in my left foot. Couple of scratches, but my new gear saved alot of heartache.

3rd off: 2006, On the Hyo cruiser, first time doing 2up on dirt (not a wise idea at all). Lost traction at about 5kph and the 180 rear tyre decided it didn't like being on dirt and kicked out throwing me and Mrs The Freak into the gravel. I got a cool scar for my right elbow, and Mrs The Freak got to limp around like a war hero for a week.

Worst biut about the third off was that we were halfway up the Putty road when it happened and we still had about 5 hours riding ahead of us... With the right hand controls held on with Gaff and no right mirror. Fun Fun Fun.

20. does this count as an off?

[IMG:567:650:2be19d8ad6]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/bonox/image_174.jpg[/img:2be19d8ad6]

if it does, i've had a couple on the big pig!