Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

How many pull-ups can you do?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by say_wat, Dec 6, 2008.

1. #1 say_wat, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

Part of me hopes that is fake, the other part knows that some people are crazy enough.

2. looks real with the wind and all on em :shock: probably work in scaffolding jobs, those guys are insane and fearless at heights
  3. :shock: Mad bastards!
  4. My money says it's real.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No reason why it wouldn't be except how incredibly crazy it is... :LOL:
  5. hahahaha i totally want to send that to their mums :cool:
  6. If my balls were that big, I rekon I'd pick up more.
  7. I reckon they might be rock climbers - those guys can do some amazing things.
  8. I wondered that, but their chinups seemed to be a bit of a struggle, and (good) rock climbers can do them all day. In any case that's some serious balls!
  9. Yeah, the chin ups are crap. The balls, however, are massive.

Of course, there's a heavy does of teenage invincibility stupidity in there too.
  10. The only reason they struggled on the chin ups was because they were carrying such huge cahonnes.
  11. Loz will love this one :wink:
  12. I could do that but I don't want to.
  13. beleive it or not, some of the world's best rock climbers can't do more then a few chin-ups... its all in the legs and body position. If you don't beleive me, visit a this (mainly victorian) rock climbing forum(<- forum) here(<-search result) and here.(<- search result)

Back in my fit and climbing days I (trying not to brag) could manage 18 full lenght chin-ups (not that lower yourself to half your elbow reach shit) and could only climb (second) grades around the 16-19 mark.

A climbing friend of mine was leading climbs up around 22-24 mark and could only do 4, sometimes 6.

All i'm trying to point out is that there's a very common misconception that rock climbers can rip millions of chin-ups... not always so.

--from an ex-climber who wishes he was climbing still (stupid L7-S1 joint).
  14. Wow, we talking wide grip with your hands facing forwards or the bicep ones where you're using mostly your arms?

Last time i tried the wide grip, i could only pull myself up and fully down 8 times... feelin pretty pissweak at the moment :LOL:
  15. definatly not wide!!! wide i think was near 10ish depending what i'd done before hand (gym routine etc). Above was underarm (palms facing towards your face) at shoulder width apart (i.e. the easiest position of chin up), full lenght (elbows to 180 degrees, but maintaining rotator-cuff muscles taught as I had/have issues with dislocating shoulders...)
  16. Bah! Still impressed! Lifting your own bodyweight 18 times with your arms is one hell of a feat!

When i first started implimenting chin ups into my routine i could only push out like 1 or 2 (wide grip) and i had been training weights for a long time prior to that... i felt pretty bloody demoralised about it as i was making good gains but couldn't lift myself up very well....
  17. I can do 12 palm our pull-ups or 19 palm in chin ups.
    ...interesting vid! :shock: